“Are international schools better than local schools?”
“What exactly is International Baccalaureate (IB)?”
“Is it realistic, or even possible, for me to find a school that has less homework and exams?”
“How should I prepare my child for the interviews?” (But wait a second! Should I figure out what do the interviews cover first?)
“Ok! Now I have option A, B and C, how to pick the perfect one?”We don’t see these concerns are going to end yet, problem solving is a big part of our responsibility as a parent. Although we don’t enjoy repeated discussion on the same matter, the following question is worthy of our discussion.
What kind of education does your child need?We believe that the children we have worked with have enormous potential and they can learn! But firstly we need to understand and appreciate that each child is different and unique in his or her own ways, which means that one formula will NEVER fit all.
The next couple questions might lead you in the right direction when you attempt to answer the million dollar question:
- What does your child actually need to learn? (This helps you to think about what should the curriculum look like!)
- How will your child learn best and most efficiently? (This will help you to determine the most suitable teaching format and environment for your child!)
- What type of teachers will help your child the most? Does he or she need to be taught by specific techniques or methodologies? There are so much more to think about! Let’s talk again very soon!
- 你的孩子學習目的是甚麼呢? 這個問題幫助你思考孩子適合甚麼課程。
- 你的孩子可如何有效率及愉快地學習? 這個問題有助你選擇最適合孩子的學習形式及環境。
- 哪類型的老師最能協助孩子成長? 老師需要採用獨特的教學方法嗎?
Information provided by Autism Partnership
Autism Partnership (AP) is one of the most established Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) service providers for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in the world. Formed in 1994 in the United States, AP is run by professional clinicians and specializes in providing one-on-one therapy, group interventions and overseas consultation for children with ASD and their families.
「好了，現在有A, B, 及C學校讓我選擇，我應該選擇哪一間呢？」雖然這些問題會不斷循環，但這是作為家長解決問題的工作責任之一，以下這條問題十分值得我們思考。
Autism Partnership （AP）於1994年在美國成立，是全球最具規模為自閉症患者提供『應用行為分析』(ABA) 治療的專業機構。AP是由多位專業臨床心理學家、應用行為分析治療顧問及治療師管理，為患有自閉症譜系障礙（ASD）的兒童及其家庭提供一對一治療、行為干預小組訓練及海外諮詢服務。